Friday, June 23, 2006

Rome Trip - In Detail..

U guys wanted me to write my trip in detail, so writing..Quite a big post!

I took the KLM morning flight on sunday june 11th to Amsterdam. The flight was more like our pallavan bus! One big thagara dappa! I was telling my supervisor, that the flight may break because of our weights! It must be the old 80's plane! I am wondering how on earth they still have it! Afternoon we were in Amsterdam. Amsterdam's airport was damn good! Loads of stores for shopping, painted in orange..We stopped in a food court, and my supervisor went to get a pizza! As I knew that I was going to end up eating pizza in Rome, I opted out for some thai food! Man what a decision I made! The restaurant is called Hot Wox! And Wow - the food is just out of the world. I got some fish in green curry sauce with basil which was served with rice, prawn crackers and some salad. Costed me 10 euros and was worth it. I am always a great fan of thai food (interestingly the chinese food we get in chennai is thai food - not chinese!)..I told my supervisor, that we are stopping here while returning just to have the same food again! It was too good..We then took the connection to Rome (Air Italia).

I was expecting a lot from Rome, and as I landed, my immediate impression on Rome was bad! The airport was total crap! The railway station was crap! The trains are so huge there! Its more like a cargo!Massive!As you take the train from the Leonardo Da Vinci airport, to the termini (which is the city station), you will think that you are in Tamil Nadu rather than some european country..Vast fields, just ditto like Tamil Nadu..From the termini, we took the metro(underground trains) to go to our hotel..Man the metro stations are just yucky!!So dark, dirty and u must see the trains!!!Gosh, covered with graffiti!!!!!! Initially, I thought it was some pranksters' work - then I realized it was painted in such a way inorder to praise their discovered modern art!!! Holy Crap!

We managed to get to the metro station near our hotel, and after a search we found our hotel. We were given the keys to the room, and I was expecting an amazing room waiting for us! Instead, we were given a room, which is the size of my toilet in Aberdeen!What crap! The toilet was so small, no place to walk around! The cubicle was more of a standing coffin!I couldnt even move inside the cubicle - and the worst thing - no place to keep your soap! I had to find out ways of bathing!Gosh!

In the night, we went for a walk, and the only good thing about Rome is its architectural splendour..Me being a connoisseur of architecture, I just loved them..Out of the world..Rome is full of these old buildings (some of which are in rambles)..The roads are so small..Majority of the restaurants are open air restaurants in the corner of the roads..reminded me of the parotta kadais in tamil nadu :))..We had pizza for dinner - and to be frank - the italian pizza is OK!! I still prefer our american versions (the fat ones with chicken on them!)..The Italians dont put chicken..their pizzas are so thin (like naan)..Man - these italians eat cheese for everything! I am wondering how these ppl are living so long eating cheese! I would get a heart attack! But my supervisor thinks cheese is much better than our oily curries!!

The meeting went well..I had problems with the italian diet after that fish fiasco!!..so didnt eat the next 2 days! Starved! I missed our south indian food..felt like eating a nice sambhar sadham with kilangu curry!! Yummy! Instead just had some great italian icecreams..more sightseeing..Another interesting thing is - these italian drink espressos for coffees! My GOD - I accidently had an espresso when I was in portugal 3 years back - and I couldnt stand for the whole day..my head was rolling..it was so strong - I heard an espresso contains 20 times the caffeine of standard coffee!!

On our return back home, we stopped once again in Amsterdam..even though I didnt feel like eating, I made it a point to taste my fish curry at Hot Wox! :)..After coming to Aberdeen, the next day I took another flight back to London..went home and had a nice chicken briyani! It made my day finally :)..

Haa forgot the most important bit! The ppl in Italy are really so good looking..May be its because of their skin texture and eyes..They have a light pinkish texture to their skin and their eyes are blue/green..They also have awesome noses!The guys are mostly short! I didnt take any pictures of the girls! I have become a good boy nowdays! Hara Hara Mahadeva! LOL

26 Comments:

Blogger Syam said...

pottu thaakunga...KLM and PTC are the same,not only the look and feel, courtesy onboard too, namma oor conductors thaan KLM hostess ku training kuduthu irupaangalonu sandhegam varum...

nalla narrate pannirundheenga...

9:03 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger ruby said...

My inferences from this post,

1. You are being spied...That is why you have become nalla payan...
2. Why are you being spied?, That is because of your age...a prospective fellow for getting married...I am observing some difference in your posts' these days...
3. Why are you so much bothered about walking space in toilet; I assume that it is a place where people sit and not walk:))hehhe
4. I donot appericiate people spending their university fund on a trip to rome to enjoy a holiday in rome...
5. You are a liar...as you haven't given lot of other things which happened in rome...

11:30 PM, June 23, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Syam,
I concur with u :)..thanks pa :)

7:19 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

KrK,

My reply is as follows:

1)I dont think anyone is spying ;)

2)Could be :P LOL

3)Agreed :))

4)Dont agree!The fund is for the meeting - we went and did the meeting - so done - then in the free time - we roamed in Rome! What is wrong in that buddy???

5)Liar?? Me??What else happened?

7:21 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger ambi said...

//The ppl in Italy are really so good looking//

nalla site adichutu, photo mattum edukkaama vanthutaa. nee good boyaaa? gr...rrr.

LOL on Krk's 2, 3 rd comments...

btw, nice writeup.. Ore saapaatu puraanama irukku! but athu thane mukyam, meetingaavathu, vengaayamaavathu..! LOL :)

9:45 AM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger ruby said...

mmmm...

Yedhavadhu...ippadi yedaku mudakka potta than..vishyam veliya varum...

Yenna Arjuna??? edhavadhu...near future'la kalyanama?...??

Hey-its totally understandable that you can spend your free time as you wish...Naan summa oru kadupetha eludhinane...cheers

12:52 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger Butterflies said...

hara hara maha deva va ithu,,,,ooooops polambal maha deva!neenga en polamburingannu enakku teriyum...but still im not lettng it out personally!attack is awaiting will reach u soon!

7:22 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger ruby said...

Subha@ Koncham engallukkum puriyara matri than sollurathu...

hara hara maha devi...:)

8:42 PM, June 24, 2006  
Blogger ambi said...

You're tagged, last time itself i missed u. this time i don't want to miis u.. ezhuthudu rajaa.

9:50 AM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Ms Congeniality said...

Rome doesn't seem to be that interesting to visit from ur account..
good writeup :-)

12:27 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Butterflies said...

krk:sabaila odaikka venam naan thaniya solren

3:02 AM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why blood.. Same blood" range-ku trip details irruku..

7:42 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Ambi - venaam naan aluthuduven -- naan paavam :P lol

8:34 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

KrK - poruthaar bhoomi aalvar :)) LOL

8:35 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Shuba - enkitaye miratala ? ;) LOL

8:35 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

KrK - dont ever trust Shuba - sariya reel rani!! :))

8:36 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Ambi - thaan petra inbam...??? Grrr :)) - thanks da ambi :))

8:36 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Ms cong - amen :)) - thanks :)

8:36 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Shuba - ithu enna thengavaaa??? sabaila udaikirathuku? :P lol

8:37 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Karthik - blood?? puriyala :)..

8:37 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Jeevan said...

you have enjoyed a lot in Italy with some irritate. how was the Amsterdam climate, a beautiful country, like to visit it:)

8:59 AM, June 26, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Why blood same blood" is a comedy scene dialogue by vadivelu. The other person talks too much that u get blood in your ears.

10:54 AM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger ruby said...

enna mo...poruthdu podhum'nu pongi elundhutane..avlo than...

subha...yenakku mattum sollu...yenna matter?

7:56 PM, June 26, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

jeevan - I didnt go and see amsterdam :) - just was inside the airport :)

8:59 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

karthik - yes boss :) - I remember that dialogue :)

8:59 AM, June 29, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

KrK - venam aluthuduven :P lol

9:00 AM, June 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home