Sunday, May 21, 2006

Weekend

This weekend so many things happened. I managed to meet one my classmates after 12 years! Her name is Nancy - and I spoke to her over the phone. She is in Chennai working for the singapore tourism board. Spoke to her for quite a long time about our happy old school days and then we started discussing about luv and my never ending luv stories! :) . She was shocked to hear all my luv stories and culdnt believe that I am the old Arjuna! :)) Through her I managed to get some of my friends and one of them is Vanitha - she was the only girl I used to talk to during my school days and she was the only one who understood and supported me (its very rare gals understand me - lol). All the other girls used to think I am quite odd - since I never spoke to them..And she used to support me :). I will try to get hold of her within the next week. Then my RECT college mate Yamini msged me through Orkut. She is doing her PhD here at Swansea and she gave me a call and it was fun talking to her too. Saturday evening I went to see Da Vinci Code. Quite a good film - and if you havent read the novel - then its quite hard to understand the facts since they dont show all the facts that were incorporated in the book. And also the film is more of a diplomatic approach unlike the novel. The actors in the film were apt and u wont believe Silas moved me! I felt so sorry for him - his devotion to God really moved me. I was bit emotional. The heroine has the best smile I have ever come across!So contagious! Absolutely beautiful!Just go and see her smile!In the movie - there is a dialogue praising her smile - and I completely concur with it :). Tom Hanks has underplayed his role as Robert Langdon and he was impressive..All the characters were good. There were some continuity problems when Tom hanks cuts his face with a razor accidently (in the final climax) and in the next scene u cant see any cut! I really felt sorry for Mary Magdalene and I have a feeling that the story could be true!

The interesting part is the jewish symbol which is also the symbol of Lord Muruga ( I wrote a post on it before - its here). In this novel - they say it represents the male and female unity - and I am wondering whether this symbolizes the Ardhanareeshwar as well. Need to look into it - maybe a discussion with Sriram wuld be apt!

18 Comments:

Blogger Butterflies said...

hey.....mmm catching up with old friends,,,intha paala pona orkut vandaalum vanthuchu..unga aattagasam thangala..athu enna...ladies collgege maadiri unga profileeeaa avlo ponnunga koottam..mmmm...yup started to read Davinci code cos i want to watch the film!

10:17 PM, May 21, 2006  
Blogger ruby said...

Gangai karai thottam, kanni pengal kootam... Arjun Naduvinale..ooooo...oooo.....

:)

I haven't reached Da vinci code...As just completed Angels and Daemons ... WIll start reading that soon...Parkalam eppadi irukkunu...

12:31 AM, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haven't see that movie.
so enjoyed ur week end...???
getting n touch with our old frens and cherishing those moments...- "andha naal nyabagam nenjile vandhathe nanbane nanbane nanbane... (i.a.o. gender maathitene) nanbiye nanbiye nanbiye... " :-)

4:26 AM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger gP said...

indeed a nice movie...

12:09 PM, May 22, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...Never occured to me that the star of david and the symbol of Lord muruga is the same... BTW I am also looking for the significance of another symbol that my mom puts as a kolam in the pooja room...Will do a post on that real soon..Maybe you can help me in understanding the significance of it...

3:25 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

shuba - choooooo- kannu vaikatheya :)) - ennaku irukirathey onno erando :P lol

6:51 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

KrK - ROTFL - I read ur comment in the morning - and still when I think of it - I am laughing :))..

6:51 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Yes Veda - the film lacks something - which I am not sure what :)..shiva lingam shows unity?how pa?

6:52 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Parvati - he he LOL - another funny comment from urs :))..

Yes - I too agree that its a difficult task to get a novel into a movie :) - wuld luv to see deception point and angels and demons in the cinemas :)

6:53 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Vidhya - yes ma - weekend was good :)..he he - vidhya in full form :))

6:54 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Ghost particle - yes indeed :)

6:54 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Karthik - please do put :)

6:54 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger ruby said...

hmmmm;
Adhu enna Arjun,ROTFL ; TOEFL than enakku theriyum...

8:11 PM, May 22, 2006  
Blogger Jeevan said...

taking with old friend is always fun. in my school also their was a girl kavitha every time suppot me. I have just finished 9th chapter in DVC, where the Langdon and captain Fach think about what symboy is that. Nice Weekend

10:18 AM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you are keeping yourself busy. Here the weekend was bugging. I kept thinking of hot hot podi dosai (from the hotel next to your house) and anjapar biriyani! Naan inge sapatu mayakamaa iruke. Atleast nege nalla enjoy pannunge! ;-)

2:59 PM, May 23, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that you are keeping yourself busy. Here the weekend was bugging. I kept thinking of hot hot podi dosai (from the hotel next to your house) and anjapar biriyani! Naan inge sapatu mayakamaa iruke. Atleast nege nalla enjoy pannunge! ;-)

2:59 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

KrK - ithuku thaan romba padika kudathunu solrathu :))

Veda - yeah I have replied to u :)

Kaartika - ho man - dont remind me of all that food :)..I want them now :) - and ennapa ur writing tamil like kannada :))

10:52 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

jeevan - oops I just saw ur comment :)..great - read the book fully - its nice :)

11:33 PM, May 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home